How to do a Full Install by Becker
1) Make a directory called "ptdisk" or whatever. This
step isn't really required, but it's nice to keep things organized.
2) Place a disk (2, 3, or 4) into your CD-ROM bay. The first CD
has already been copied onto your hard drive with the initial install
3) Copy and paste the -entire- CD disk into ptdsik.
3a) repeat 2 and 3 for the other disks as required. Do NOT put
all disks in the same directory! There should be a c:\ptdisk\cd2\,
c:\ptdisk\cd3\, and a c:\ptdisk\cd4\
4) Using Notepad edit your torment.ini file. It should be something
4a) save the "torment.ini" file as "Tormentini.old".
Again, you don't need to do this, but it's a wise precaution.
5) edit the lines to point to the new location:
DISK2 = D:\CD2
DISK2 = C:\PTDISK\CD2
6) Remember the game will *still* ask for CDs every now and then
as a form of verification that you actually bought the game and
aren't just trading disks with your cousin Stewie. Notice that the
little light on the CD-ROM bay isn't going blinky-blink when new
areas are being loaded.
Thats a good sign.
7) Bask in your own glory. You are a computer god!
8) Play the game. Kill some cranial rats for me.